Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TWENTY SOMETHING TWENTY EVERYTHING


Being on summer break, I have a lot of time on my hands. Although it’s driving me absolutely crazy, I have managed to pick up a few books. I wanted to share this book with you. A good friend of mine Miss Jenna recommend it to me and it really put a lot of things into perspective for me. Written by Christine Hassler, her witty advice, chapter-by-chapter exercises and life advice really hits home. 

Being in our mid to late twenties is a constant battle. I find myself continuously struggling with "having it all."  Hassler dedicates an entire chapter to this concept. What does "having it all" mean to you? Is it having the career you have always dreamed of? Making a great living? Having a family? Having children? Helping and influencing others to improve their quality of life? A great social life with enough time to devote whatever time you have left over to building a family and being a professional workingwoman? How in the hell do we find the time to "have it all" and what is the correct path to take us there? 

After I decided to go back to school to become a Nurse, I finally found myself in a place I had longed to be for quite some time. Although I have a long road ahead of me, my career at this point is my number one priority. On the back burner is one day finding a husband (or a boyfriend for starters LOL), having children and an overall happy life. What scares me the most is not knowing how to make this happen. There is SO much pressure and anxiety runs high. I sometimes wonder why we as woman feel the need to control everything. Is it the fact that we finally have a voice and the endless opportunities to make our ideal life happen? Maybe it's our nature. Modern society constantly pushes life clues as to what we should want or expect out of our lives. What do you expect of yourself? What do others expect of you? How do you practice balance and what are your greatest struggles as a young twenty something woman? 

Please share your stories and advice. I would love to hear from you. As we guide each other through our crazy twenties, lets ride this out together and spread what we know as woman to each other in hopes to find what we are looking for and how to be satisfied with "having it all" in the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment